Gateway Incorporated is a computer hardware company headquartered in Irvine, California, USA. Gateway develops, manufactures, supports, and markets a wide range of personal computers, computer monitors, servers, and computer accessories.
Gateway was founded by Ted Waitt and Mike Hammond in Sioux City, Iowa in 1985. Gateway computer became a well-known brand in 1991 when it started shipping its computer hardware in cow-spotted boxes. Gateway bought eMachines in 2004 for about US$300 million. Acer Inc. bought Gateway for approximately US$710 million in 2007.
Gateway computer warranty starts at the day of purchase. Gateway is not responsible for your personal documents or data. Gateway WILL wipe out / format your hard drive or computer if necessary without any backup if you send your gateway laptop computer, desktop computer or server for warranty service.
Problem that DO cover under Gateway manufacturer warranty
- Defects in materials when gateway pc was built
- Defects in workmanship when gateway computer was built
Problem that DO NOT covers under Gateway standard limited warranty
- Damages caused by misuse, abuse, accidents, fire, theft, disappearance, misplacement, fluctuations and power surges, connections to improper voltage or incorrect electrical line voltage, reckless, willful, or intentional conduct.
- Damages caused by servicing not authorized by Gateway
- Damages caused by failure to follow the product instructions or user manuals or failure to perform cleaning or preventive maintenance.
- Damages caused by the combination of gateway branded products and third party products
- results of normal usage on laptop LCD or desktop LCD, such as gradual image degradation, uneven screen aging, burned-in images
- Problem caused by third party software
- Problem caused by any equipment or components that were not included in your product as originally sold to you.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Minor imperfections that meet design specifications.
- Cosmetic damage or exterior finish that does not affect functionality.
- Products where the gateway serial number is missing, altered or defaced.
- External speakers, keyboards and mice.
- Damage caused as a result of improper transportation or packing/packaging
- A product that requires modification or adaptation to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved.
- Virus , malware problem
- Windows operating system problem
What CPU IT consultant can do for your gateway notebook computer, desktop computer or server
- Virus removal on gateway pc
- Windows operating system repair or reinstall
- Windows operating system like XP, vista , windows 7 upgrade
- Fix blue screen of death on your Gateway laptop or desktop
- Motherboard , hard drive , memory or ram , CD / DVD drive upgrade
- Keyboard replacement or repair on gateway laptop , notebook or netbook
- LCD screen replacement or repair on gateway pc
- Onsite or off-site “cloud “ data backup
- Tune up and preventive maintenance done on gateway
- And so much more
Few useful links for gateway computer for your convenience